New things: beets, fritatta. Level up!
Today I had my first beet. It reminded me of baby corn, which I also
like eating. It might go well with the purple sweet potatoes… Hmm.
=) One of the good things about the Good Food Box is that you’re
forced to experiment! Whee!
Today I made a fresh vegetable fritatta. I started with the basic idea
of a fritatta, which is really just scrambled eggs with stuff on it,
or an omelette that hasn’t been folded. Here’s what I did:
- Chop half a carrot, half a potato, and half a beet into half-inch
cubes. (There’s a pattern here somewhere…)
- Layer the carrots, potatoes, and beets in a microwaveable dish. Add a little bit of water.
- Add some clusters of broccoli, if you want.
- Cover and microwave for three minutes.
- Heat a pan to medium. Add oil.
- Beat the eggs lightly.
- Drain vegetables and add to pan. Spread out so that they’re evenly distributed.
- Pour egg over vegetables. Cover and cook until golden,
Not bad at all… =)
There re better ways to prepare a fritatta. I should try them out! I
need a skillet that can go from rangetop to oven…