Trello is a web-based system for tracking tasks and other information. When I add you to the team, I’ll create a delegation board for you and invite you to it. I’ll also add a task to help you learn. Please accept the invitation and review the Trello board.
Here’s how we’re going to use it:
- You’ll receive many of your tasks through email because that’s the easiest for me to work with when I’m in the subway or processing my mail. When you get a task, add a card with the information and the due date. You can prioritize this according to its due date unless I indicate another priority.
- Sometimes, I’ll create the task in Trello so that I can indicate priority and due date. I will email or message you to notify you.
- If you are waiting for something (clarification from me, response from someone), move the card to the “Waiting For” list and add a comment. Periodically review the items here and follow up as needed.
- If you’re done, move the appropriate card to the Done list. If there is no card for the task, add one anyway, so that it’s easy to see all the great work you’ve done.
- I’ll archive the done tasks after I review them.