1. Lab idea: etch-a-sketc : 10:00
2. power problem : 11:10
3. quiz-a-day -- cs21a, education : 11:19
I print the quizzes beforehand. I used frames in
I don't know whether it's because of the quizzes or because of the activities I'd planned, but the past few classes have been very lively. The quizzes seem to put everyone in the mood to start working, and it accustoms the students to time pressure.
The extra load is actually quite manageable - it takes me around 5 to 10 minutes to prepare the quiz (I do this the night before), a few minutes to print and cut the quizzes, and another 5 to 10 to check all of them.
CS faculty are generally averse to taking attendance. Daily quizzes offer a way to do that while providing useful feedback on class progress.
4. Intertwingularity -- research : 11:30
5. Elevator realization : 17:38
6. Mozilla plugin notes -- linuxhelp : 17:39
7. searching and sorting meeting : 19:16