$msg = ""; $myaddress = "sacha" + "@" + "sachachua.com"; $page = "2005.01.06.php"; $page_title = "2005.01.06"; $page_updated = "2005-12-1702:25:1902:25:19+0800"; $maintainer = "sacha" + "@" + "sachachua.com"; require_once "include/calendar.php"; require_once "include/planner-include.php"; require_once "include/header.inc.php"; ?>
|B||X||Review Christmas letter 2004 : E-Mail from Harvey Chua|
|B||X||Reply about blogging on sachachua.com : E-Mail from Federico Sevilla III (TaskPool)|
|B||X||Merge bookmark title : E-Mail from Dryice Dong Liu (PlannerModeMaintenance)|
|B||X||Reply about getting things done : E-Mail from Baris Eren (PlannerModeMaintenance)|
|B||X||Reply : E-Mail from Mark Chignell (FurtherStudies)|
|B||C||Set up an aggregator for my family (TaskPool)|
|B||C||Install NetBSD on spare partition (TaskPool)|
|B||C||Reply re writing: E-Mail%20from%20Lindy%20R. (TaskPool)|
|B||C||Reply: E-Mail%20from%20Chiba%20Tomoko (TaskPool)|
|B||C||Nomail my pinoyjug groups; use bloglines or gmane to read them: E-Mail%20from%20Jojo%20Paderes (TaskPool)|
|B||C||Steal code I wrote for adphoto thumbnails (TaskPool)|
|B||C||Write e-mail gateway to munge mail going between our phones: Chat%20with%20:dreamd%20on%20Amsterdam.NL.EU.undernet.org%23linuxhelp (TaskPool)|
|B||C||Sign up: E-Mail%20from%20逸見%20研一 (TaskPool)|
|B||C||Check out clmemo (TaskPool)|
|B||C||Check out nnkiboze again: Chat%20with%20bigmike160%20on%20sendak.freenode.net%23emacs (TaskPool)|
|B||C||Check out ion and ratpoison, try tmpwm command to switch: Chat%20with%20johnsu01%20on%20sendak.freenode.net%23emacs (TaskPool)|
|B||C||Try out nnrss again: Chat%20on%20sendak.freenode.net%23emacs (TaskPool)|
|B||C||Fix tla2darcs: E-Mail%20from%20Mark%20Stosberg (TaskPool)|
|B||C||Check out and reply: E-Mail%20from%20JC%20Helary (TaskPool)|
|B||C||Reply: E-Mail%20from%20JC%20Helary (TaskPool)|
|B||C||Reply: E-Mail%20from%20Lloyd%20Ian%20A.%20Agujetas (TaskPool)|
|B||C||Reply: E-Mail%20from%20Kojima-sensei (TaskPool)|
|B||C||Reply: E-Mail%20from%20OHURA%20Makoto (TaskPool)|
|B||C||Reply to Kamakura guide from E-Mail%20from%20山崎 豊 (TaskPool)|
|C||C||Suggest use of prefix to force pickup of plan page : E-Mail from Toby Allsopp (PlannerModeMaintenance)|
|C||C||Ask about http://planet.debian.org : ../personal/note (TaskPool)|
|C||C||Mail Al Alegre: E-Mail from Dominique Cimafranca (TaskPool)|
|C||C||Fix my IRC coding system (TaskPool)|
See, Planner's onto something here.
We're not very good at ad hoc collections, though.
Garrett Birkel wrote an interesting response to Neal Stephenson's "In the Beginning was the Command Line".
On Technorati: geek
Bonus track: fireworks at 7 pm, for those like me who are fireworks afficionados.
- Opening Program, Auditorium, 10-10:20am - Einstein Lecture, Auditorium, 10:20-11am - Demos, presentations, exhibits, magic tricks, coffee table talks, Central Plaza, Cybermall, Citywalk 2, 11am-12noon
- Demos, presentations, exhibits, magic tricks, coffee table talks, Central Plaza, Cybermall, Citywalk 2, 12noon-6pm
- Open forum on the environment and astronomy, Central Plaza, 6-7pm - Fireworks, Grand Staircase 7-7:30pm - Demos, presentations, exhibits, magic tricks, coffee table talks, Central Plaza, Cybermall, Citywalk 2, 7:30-10pm </blockquote>
Waaah. Forget about kids. _I_ really want to go. WAAAAH.
E-Mail from rick
Here are interesting tidbits from irc://irc.freenode.net/#emacs
M-x column-number-mode makes Emacs show column numbers.
emms-locate is a useful way to play selected media files.
- Powerful buffer switching: With either iswitchb or ido, <kbd>C-x b C-s<kbd>. ido seems to be better than iswitchb for multitty Emacs, and comes with CVS GNU Emacs. iswitchb is in GNU Emacs and the edit-utils package for XEmacs. If you want to stick with iswitchb fulltime, add
(iswitchb-default-keybindings) to your init.el.
- ess (emacs spreadsheet): <code>set-variable set-goal-column nil for neater navigation
(define-key dired-mode-map [.] 'emms-play-dired) after dired is already loaded
- Editing XML: Many people recommend nxml (GNU Emacs only). xsl-mode is also useful even for other XML files. xsl-mode indentation is better than xml-mode, too. xsl-mode is in the xslide package, and in the cygwin sumo package.
- If you want Python files recognized, install python-mode and
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist (cons "\\.py\\'" 'python-mode))
- Gnus: You can use B DEL to delete drafts.
- Recursion in lambdas!
(funcall #1=(lambda (n) (if (= n 0) 1 (* n (funcall #1# (1- n))))) 5) - result: 120. Not recommended.
- Use M-x goto-line to go to the nth line.
- To copy the font setting and color-theme of the old frame when you create a new frame:
(defadvice make-frame (around frob-frame-parameters activate) (let ((default-frame-alist (frame-parameters))) ad-do-it))
- How to get rid of all the ^Ms at the end of lines:
M-% C-q C-m RET C-q RET RET . (Better solution:
M-x revert-buffer-with-coding-system, dos.)
desktop can make Emacs jump to the previous position in a file when you reopen the file
- Setting auto-fill in file comments:
<nowiki>-*- mode: major; mode: auto-fill -*-</nowiki>, where major is the major mode you want
- ess toolbar variables (customization) need to be set before ess is loaded, but ess is loaded in site-start. How do you set it, then?
- darcs repository: http://edward.oconnor.cx/code/ljupdate/ - ERC seems to be the most popular IRC client. - Have you checked out the Emacs <nop>LiveJournal community? http://www.livejournal.com/community/emacs/ - Don't worry about losing local changes when you modify the source code of CVS Emacs. CVS does patches. - Emacs under screen: <kbd>C-\</kbd> might be a good Screen escape key. - People use normal synchronization tools like rsync, unison, and CVS to sync their planner.el pages between computers. - Hook variables named -hook tend to not take arguments, while hook variables named -functions might be called with arguments. - Debian: /etc/emacs/site-start.d and /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup.el are responsible for lines like "Loading 00debian-vars (source)...", while /usr/lib/emacsen-common/emacs-package-install is called when the deb is being set up.
On Technorati: emacs