- It just gets better and better. This is a "traditional" event. 09:31
- And now for a bit of lighthearted fun... 10:15
- Digital Pinay 2005 on plug-misc 11:52
- Testing, testing 22:53
|B||X||Fix planner-buffer : E-Mail from [email protected] (2005.01.19 planner bug)|
|B||X||10min Confirm reservation : E-Mail from nightbus|
1. It just gets better and better. This is a "traditional" event.
IBARRA "Bombing" C. GUTIERREZ<br> Editor-in-Chief & Publisher<br> Media G8way Corporation<br> 3rd Floor, Eurovilla II Building<br> 118 V. A. Rufino St. (formerly Herrera St.), Legaspi Village, Makati City, Philippines<br> Tel. (632) 840-4227<br> </blockquote>
It just gets better and better. You mean it's only getting flak from the IT community now? You mean this is an old concept? I've e-mailed Leo Querubin to find out how long _that_ has been running and how it has managed to survive so far.
In the meantime, take a look at this excerpt from http://www.pcs-it.org/pcs/committees.htm#msict :<blockquote> Special Project: Miss ICT
In-charge of preparing the activities and implementing guidelines/criteria for the Search of Miss ICT (professional and student levels):<ul> <li> Revive the Computer Girl <li> More than just a beauty contest <li> Reflects ideals of PCS <li> Promote gender equality in the ICT industry <li> Promote ICT as an equal opportunity employer </ul>
Director-in-Charge: Ms. Ann Gatmaytan<br> Chair: Mr. Leo Querubin </blockquote>
2. And now for a bit of lighthearted fun...
- http://telephonyonline.com/ar/telecom_geek_love/ - http://www.chloeveltman.com/features/digital_culture/sexiest_geek_alive.html - http://siliconvalley.internet.com/news/article.php/3531_790381 - http://linux.omnipotent.net/article.php?article_id=12243
Why does it work? 'cause it's as geeky as heck.
Positive stuff about women in technology:
3. Digital Pinay 2005 on plug-misc
I hope that the people from PCS would do damage control ASAP. Or else... </blockquote>
- Clair Ching, http://eclair.bizhat.com<blockquote> When I read the headline of the article "Search for top Filipino female IT pros slated" I thought it was good as it would duly recognize Filipina contributors to the growth of Philippine IT. But now that I know the details I really find it insulting to women. Asking for vital statistics and requiring the winner to grace PCS occasions are simply demeaning.
Holden Hao<br> President<br> DabaweGNU, Inc.<br> Davao City </blockquote>
E-Mail from Holden Hao
I'd love to hear about any questions, comments, suggestions or links that you might have. Your comments will not be posted on this website immediately, but will be e-mailed to me first. You can use this form to get in touch with me, or e-mail me at [email protected] .