- It just gets better and better. This is a "traditional" event. 09:31
- And now for a bit of lighthearted fun... 10:15
- Digital Pinay 2005 on plug-misc 11:52
- Testing, testing 22:53
|B||X||Fix planner-buffer : E-Mail from [email protected] (2005.01.19 planner bug)|
|B||X||10min Confirm reservation : E-Mail from nightbus|
1. It just gets better and better. This is a "traditional" event.
IBARRA "Bombing" C. GUTIERREZ<br> Editor-in-Chief & Publisher<br> Media G8way Corporation<br> 3rd Floor, Eurovilla II Building<br> 118 V. A. Rufino St. (formerly Herrera St.), Legaspi Village, Makati City, Philippines<br> Tel. (632) 840-4227<br> </blockquote>
It just gets better and better. You mean it's only getting flak from the IT community now? You mean this is an old concept? I've e-mailed Leo Querubin to find out how long _that_ has been running and how it has managed to survive so far.
In the meantime, take a look at this excerpt from http://www.pcs-it.org/pcs/committees.htm#msict :<blockquote> Special Project: Miss ICT
In-charge of preparing the activities and implementing guidelines/criteria for the Search of Miss ICT (professional and student levels):<ul> <li> Revive the Computer Girl <li> More than just a beauty contest <li> Reflects ideals of PCS <li> Promote gender equality in the ICT industry <li> Promote ICT as an equal opportunity employer </ul>
Director-in-Charge: Ms. Ann Gatmaytan<br> Chair: Mr. Leo Querubin </blockquote>
2. And now for a bit of lighthearted fun...
- http://telephonyonline.com/ar/telecom_geek_love/ - http://www.chloeveltman.com/features/digital_culture/sexiest_geek_alive.html - http://siliconvalley.internet.com/news/article.php/3531_790381 - http://linux.omnipotent.net/article.php?article_id=12243
Why does it work? 'cause it's as geeky as heck.
Positive stuff about women in technology:
3. Digital Pinay 2005 on plug-misc
I hope that the people from PCS would do damage control ASAP. Or else... </blockquote>
- Clair Ching, http://eclair.bizhat.com<blockquote> When I read the headline of the article "Search for top Filipino female IT pros slated" I thought it was good as it would duly recognize Filipina contributors to the growth of Philippine IT. But now that I know the details I really find it insulting to women. Asking for vital statistics and requiring the winner to grace PCS occasions are simply demeaning.
Holden Hao<br> President<br> DabaweGNU, Inc.<br> Davao City </blockquote>
E-Mail from Holden Hao