Headlines for Tuesday:
|A||X||Submit FIS paper|
|A||X||Work on reading paper|
|A||X||Flip through mentoring speech|
|A||X||@0900-1200 BL728 FIS2186 Metadata Schemas and Applications Q1 from 2006.04.11|
|A||C||Work on taxes|
|B||C||@1800-2000 Attend Toast IT at Metro Hall, 55 John St., 3rd floor - Toronto Q2 from 2006.04.11|
|C||X||Dinner with Calum?|
Toast IT and TLUG meeting. Maybe wear something geeky? Google shirt, jeans? Underdressed for Toastmasters speech on mentoring, perhaps, but can approach it from mentee perspective.
1. Hacking my productivity: 01:29
- Munch on things regularly to keep a good sugar level. I brought plenty of apples and bananas, and I've been raiding the bread and crackers.
- Drink plenty of water. This also forces me to get a bit of exercise. I find I get very thirsty when I think... <laugh>
- Set my computer to force a 5- to 10-minute break every hour. Microbreaks (15 seconds every ten minutes) are also useful. I don't find myself losing track of ideas, and I can stay on track better when I know regular breaks are coming up.
Random Japanese sentence: 雨が土砂降りに振りはじめた。 It began to rain cats and dogs.
2. Done with FIS paper: 01:56
On Technorati: fis
Random Japanese sentence: どのねこも、どのねこもひとくちずつ草を食べました。すると野原中の草はすっかりなくなってしまいました。 Each cat ate a mouthful of grass and not a blade was left!
I'd love to hear about any questions, comments, suggestions or links that you might have. Your comments will not be posted on this website immediately, but will be e-mailed to me first. You can use this form to get in touch with me, or e-mail me at email@example.com .