Hang out with Dave Brown
Headlines for Saturday:
|A||X||@1000 Meet Dave at Cinnabon in Union Station|
|A||X||@1300-1500 Barbecue at Graduate House|
|A||X||@1500-1800 Visioning and storytelling; time for rest and reflection|
|B||C||Introduce Simon to Ross : E-Mail from Ross Rader|
One of the reasons why I wanted a Blackberry or some other portable device was to make better use of those interstitial moments walking from Graduate House to the subway station or taking the train. I had thought of using the time to practice connecting with people, but it's hard to do that when people don't smile or make eye contact. I've also tried reading. I snag a newspaper on my way out and keep a folder of executive summaries from Books24x7 in my backpack. Listening to music? Sure, although I usually find myself looping over one song or album.
After hearing Dan Zen describe his experience with recording a video blog while driving his car (kids, don't try that at home!), I thought: hey, why not record on the go? The quality's going to be terrible - lots of ums and ahs and random traffic noises - but just as blogging helps me refine my thoughts, talking about things will help me refine my stories.
It turns out that the digital voice recorder I bought almost a year ago is surprisingly useful. The low sensitivity setting on the microphone works perfectly for noisy settings, and I can pick out my own voice easily. For presentations and the like, I set it on high sensitivity so that I can record the presentation clearly even on the iPod screen.
Random Japanese sentence: フランス語のＣＨＡＴは英語のＣＡＴを意味する。 The French word `chat' means `cat'
- rick: Re: sachawiki: 2006.06.29
- Paul Lussier: Re: Tiny laptop = conversation starter
- Xuan Yen: Re: Interested in Free Culture?
- Jacob Appelbaum: Missed your party!
- Gabriel Mansour: Re: Is there an MP3 of your podcast available?
- Federico Sevilla III: Re: sachachua.com, sashachua.com
- Ari Caylakyan: Re: Hand-off
- [email protected]: Re: sachawiki: Aikido
- Shawn Pucknell: Re: Great meeting you!
- Boris Mann: Re: Phillipines Drupal/Innovation Camp?
- Ian Garmaise: Re: club spin
- Martin Cleaver: Re: Mathew Ingram on Enterprise 2.0
- [email protected]: Re: planner gnus reference
- Mike C. Fletcher: Re: Ah you jet-setters and your airport reminiscences
- Ari Caylakyan: Re: Sacha, can you bring a laptop with you to Tuesday's meeting?
- Dave Brown: Re: Hi!
- Jedediah Smith: Re: Fwd: Try the Flock Browser Beta
- Ian Garmaise: Re: veg picnic
- Tom Purves: Re: Mathew Ingram on Enterprise 2.0
- Edward Joseph Tan Magtoto, Edward Joseph Tan Magtoto, S.J.: Belated happy birthday!
I'd love to hear about any questions, comments, suggestions or links that you might have. Your comments will not be posted on this website immediately, but will be e-mailed to me first. You can use this form to get in touch with me, or e-mail me at [email protected] .