Hang out with Dave Brown
Headlines for Saturday:
|A||X||@1000 Meet Dave at Cinnabon in Union Station|
|A||X||@1300-1500 Barbecue at Graduate House|
|A||X||@1500-1800 Visioning and storytelling; time for rest and reflection|
|B||C||Introduce Simon to Ross : E-Mail from Ross Rader|
One of the reasons why I wanted a Blackberry or some other portable device was to make better use of those interstitial moments walking from Graduate House to the subway station or taking the train. I had thought of using the time to practice connecting with people, but it's hard to do that when people don't smile or make eye contact. I've also tried reading. I snag a newspaper on my way out and keep a folder of executive summaries from Books24x7 in my backpack. Listening to music? Sure, although I usually find myself looping over one song or album.
After hearing Dan Zen describe his experience with recording a video blog while driving his car (kids, don't try that at home!), I thought: hey, why not record on the go? The quality's going to be terrible - lots of ums and ahs and random traffic noises - but just as blogging helps me refine my thoughts, talking about things will help me refine my stories.
It turns out that the digital voice recorder I bought almost a year ago is surprisingly useful. The low sensitivity setting on the microphone works perfectly for noisy settings, and I can pick out my own voice easily. For presentations and the like, I set it on high sensitivity so that I can record the presentation clearly even on the iPod screen.
Random Japanese sentence: フランス語のＣＨＡＴは英語のＣＡＴを意味する。 The French word `chat' means `cat'
- rick: Re: sachawiki: 2006.06.29
- Paul Lussier: Re: Tiny laptop = conversation starter
- Xuan Yen: Re: Interested in Free Culture?
- Jacob Appelbaum: Missed your party!
- Gabriel Mansour: Re: Is there an MP3 of your podcast available?
- Federico Sevilla III: Re: sachachua.com, sashachua.com
- Ari Caylakyan: Re: Hand-off
- [email protected]: Re: sachawiki: Aikido
- Shawn Pucknell: Re: Great meeting you!
- Boris Mann: Re: Phillipines Drupal/Innovation Camp?
- Ian Garmaise: Re: club spin
- Martin Cleaver: Re: Mathew Ingram on Enterprise 2.0
- [email protected]: Re: planner gnus reference
- Mike C. Fletcher: Re: Ah you jet-setters and your airport reminiscences
- Ari Caylakyan: Re: Sacha, can you bring a laptop with you to Tuesday's meeting?
- Dave Brown: Re: Hi!
- Jedediah Smith: Re: Fwd: Try the Flock Browser Beta
- Ian Garmaise: Re: veg picnic
- Tom Purves: Re: Mathew Ingram on Enterprise 2.0
- Edward Joseph Tan Magtoto, Edward Joseph Tan Magtoto, S.J.: Belated happy birthday!