Headlines for Wednesday:
|A||X||@1300-1330 EXITE training|
|A||X||@1800-2100 Damian Conway talk|
|A||X||Call No Regrets to ask about camera|
|A||X||Hack on some code for Quinn|
|A||X||Oysters with Mia|
|B||_||Draft research statement|
Damian Conway is t3h c00l, _totally._ What an awesome speaker!
I was going to videoblog showing my latest hacked T-shirt (FITC2006: Technology and Design Festival, turned into a beaded halter/tube top with a bolero-style thing), but I seem to have left my camera at No Regrets. Oops. Well. Hope the restaurant lives up to its name! =)
I didn't leave my Moleskine notebook (whew!), which would've been far worse considering all the fun conversations. Here's a brief list:
- Floyd of InfoQ, faceted search and browsing
- Cameron, technology design, NY
- Joey, Wendy
- Paul Baranowski: encouraging independent media in developing democracies. He wrote that in my notebook himself! Way cool. Always good to meet people who can express their purpose.
- Ian Irving, false positives. Err, not much detail otherwise. I don't read his blog yet, so that introduction didn't leave me with much to go on, and I saw someone I wanted to talk to.
- Chris, intentional programming.
- Olivier Yip Tong, Toastmasters: must tell about Toast I.T.
- Michael Bodalski, Toastmasters: must tell about Toast I.T., also GTD inboxy things
- Lionel Fogler, knowledge management (remember sewer technician story)
- Quinn, data
- Brent Ashley, Emacs
- Malgosia Green, totally funky pair of glasses
- and other conversations not written down for some reason or another
Did totally smalltime Emacs demo, too. =) Should do a proper Demo soon.
Random Japanese sentence: 振り袖で仕事はできぬ。 The cat in gloves catches no mice.
- Tom: Re: Awww! =)
- Jesse Hirsh: Re: this friday?
- genevie: Re: Philippine Open Source Conference 2006