Headlines for Wednesday:
|A||X||@1300-1330 EXITE training|
|A||X||@1800-2100 Damian Conway talk|
|A||X||Call No Regrets to ask about camera|
|A||X||Hack on some code for Quinn|
|A||X||Oysters with Mia|
|B||_||Draft research statement|
Damian Conway is t3h c00l, _totally._ What an awesome speaker!
I was going to videoblog showing my latest hacked T-shirt (FITC2006: Technology and Design Festival, turned into a beaded halter/tube top with a bolero-style thing), but I seem to have left my camera at No Regrets. Oops. Well. Hope the restaurant lives up to its name! =)
I didn't leave my Moleskine notebook (whew!), which would've been far worse considering all the fun conversations. Here's a brief list:
- Floyd of InfoQ, faceted search and browsing
- Cameron, technology design, NY
- Joey, Wendy
- Paul Baranowski: encouraging independent media in developing democracies. He wrote that in my notebook himself! Way cool. Always good to meet people who can express their purpose.
- Ian Irving, false positives. Err, not much detail otherwise. I don't read his blog yet, so that introduction didn't leave me with much to go on, and I saw someone I wanted to talk to.
- Chris, intentional programming.
- Olivier Yip Tong, Toastmasters: must tell about Toast I.T.
- Michael Bodalski, Toastmasters: must tell about Toast I.T., also GTD inboxy things
- Lionel Fogler, knowledge management (remember sewer technician story)
- Quinn, data
- Brent Ashley, Emacs
- Malgosia Green, totally funky pair of glasses
- and other conversations not written down for some reason or another
Did totally smalltime Emacs demo, too. =) Should do a proper Demo soon.
Random Japanese sentence: 振り袖で仕事はできぬ。 The cat in gloves catches no mice.
- Tom: Re: Awww! =)
- Jesse Hirsh: Re: this friday?
- genevie: Re: Philippine Open Source Conference 2006
I'd love to hear about any questions, comments, suggestions or links that you might have. Your comments will not be posted on this website immediately, but will be e-mailed to me first. You can use this form to get in touch with me, or e-mail me at email@example.com .