Headlines for Sunday:
|A||_||Catch up with mail|
|A||X||Set up blog for my mom|
There's something to be said when your mom blogs more than you do. I've just finished setting up a Wordpress blog for my mom, who has decided to start a topic-focused blog called The Business of Photography. We'll probably put Adsense on it, too. My mom, the problogger...
Random Emacs symbol: ccl-decode-mule-utf-16le - Variable: Decode UTF-16LE (little endian without signature bytes).
I was amused to find that Google Alerts reported that an atheist blog linked to my Ph103.Reflection, a page of notes I made when I was reading for the undergraduate course I took in theology. The blog confused my notes about the article with my personal beliefs. Since I haven't thought about this in a while, I figured I might as well explore how I feel now.
The difficult thing about cold-reading me or trying to characterize me is that I can always find similarities and differences. Let's take belief systems. I can talk about grace and the experience of the sublime. I can talk about dharma and reincarnation. I can talk about existentialism and nihilism.
And I can talk about faith: not in any one particular thing, but in life, in the universe, in the love that I constantly experience. I know very well that I can choose to view things another way--see only a dark and depressing universe--but I *like* having a friendly universe, and it rises to my expectations. =)
So people's opinions of me depend greatly on what they want to think and whether I feel like being agreeable or contrary. If they want to separate themselves and look down on others, they'll find many points of disagreement. If we're inclined to find agreement, we'll agree. I might not completely agree with everything they say, but I'll probably find a way of understanding.
This is why cold-readers find me so difficult. <laugh> Everyone is a mix of different things. I'm just more in tune with my contradictions.
Random Emacs symbol: process-send-region - Function: Send current contents of region as input to PROCESS.
- E-mail to Simon Rowland
- Reply to Charlie Gaw - sent 5 days ago
- Reply to Michael McGuffin - sent 2 days ago
- Reply to Adolfo Javier De Unanue - sent 4 days ago
- Reply to J. Angelo Racoma - sent 2 days ago
- Reply to "Jumpbug Inc"
- E-mail to Johann Oskarsson
- Reply to Adolfo Javier De Unanue - sent 10 days ago
- Reply to Gino LV. Ledesma - sent 2 days ago
- Reply to Anna Mae Michelle Sevilla - sent 5 days ago
- Reply to Janette C. Toral - sent 7 days ago
- Reply to Richard Riley
- Reply to Johann Oskarsson - sent 64 days ago
- Reply to Kate Trgovac
- Reply to Dan Theurer - sent 2 days ago
- Reply to Veraflor Totanes - sent 2 days ago
- Reply to Patrick Miguel - sent 6 days ago
- Reply to Michael Balcos - sent 4 days ago
- Reply to Anton Mari Zachary B. Elep - sent 3 days ago
- Reply to Monica Lumba - sent 3 days ago
- Reply to Simon Law - sent 3 days ago
- Reply to Clair Ching - sent 2 days ago
- Reply to Dave Kemp, MJ Suhonos - sent 3 days ago
I'd love to hear about any questions, comments, suggestions or links that you might have. Your comments will not be posted on this website immediately, but will be e-mailed to me first. You can use this form to get in touch with me, or e-mail me at email@example.com .