Headlines for Saturday:
|A||X||@1130 Krav maga|
|A||X||Talk to mom|
|A||X||Buy running shoes|
|B||X||Send invoice for Emacs article +income|
|C||X||Blog: Shoes - $100 off|
|C||X||Inbox tracking hack|
At least for my personal mail. Don Marti, your e-mail productivity hack rocks. Now I'm tracking inbox size in public (see the line after the list of e-mail sent), and it's a lot more fun.
Random Emacs symbol: locale-preferred-coding-systems - Variable: List of pairs of locale regexps and preferred coding systems.
The sneakers I bought at Payless Shoesource have been woefully inadequate for the demands of krav maga. Kicking and punching is hard when you're sliding all over the place! I needed a pair of sneakers with better grip and lateral support. Besides, if I don't have the equipment I need to make the most of my exercise time, then I'm wasting time and money. So - new shoes.
And sport socks, too. We picked those up from Zeller's, and W made sure I found comfort-seam socks because they're more, well, comfortable. I'm not a sock snob yet; we'll see.
We went to the Running Room to look at shoes, but they stocked only running shoes. I got a good sense of what the prices were, though. Proper athletic shoes could set me back anywhere from a hundred to two hundred dollars, which is an awful lot of books. But hey, mens sana in corpore sano, and in this case, good shoes could really make a difference between enjoying exercise and worrying about slipping and hurting myself.
There was another shoe store a little further on, so W and I went there. New Balance stocked cross-trainers. I was glad to see that they had shoes in my size, although the pairs I tried were too high at the back, had arch support in the wrong place, were too stiff, etc.
Then the store clerk brought out a pair of sneakers with the disclaimer that they were size 5. I put them on. They looked like they fit. Actually, theyt looked cartoonishly wide, but they fit. I went, "Hmm." We tried that and the another pair of shoes (same size, not so wide), and the wide sneakers felt more comfortable. Sold!
And just because the world is so absolutely wonderful, this pair of sneakers was on sale... at more than $100 off. So I got it for $31.75, including tax!
Sweet. I can put the rest of the money back into my budget. Yay!
Random Emacs symbol: gnus-agent-auto-agentize-methods - Variable: Initially, all servers from these methods are agentized.
- Reply to Simon Rowland - sent today
- Reply to Mike Borrelli - sent 53 days ago
- Reply to Paul Lussier - sent 4 days ago
- Reply to Mama - sent 4 days ago
- Reply to emily winerock - sent 5 days ago
- Reply to Don Marti - sent 3 days ago
- Reply to Paul Lussier - sent 3 days ago
- Reply to Wayne Young - sent 3 days ago
- Reply to Mama - sent today
- Reply to Gabriel Mansour - sent 7 days ago
- Reply to "Nelson Ko"
- Reply to "John Chua"
- Reply to Mama - sent 9 days ago
- E-mail to Don Marti
- Reply to Raj Shekhar - sent 10 days ago
- Reply to Mike Tsang - sent 11 days ago
- Reply to Sam Watkins - sent 11 days ago
- Reply to Colin McGregor - sent 12 days ago
- Reply to Mama - sent 13 days ago
- Reply to Gabriel Mansour - sent yesterday
- Reply to William Chua - sent 15 days ago
- Reply to Paul Lussier - sent 16 days ago
- Reply to Richard Plana - sent 18 days ago
- Reply to Don Marti - sent yesterday
- E-mail to David J. Patrick
- Reply to Pierre Duez - sent yesterday
- E-mail to Brian Wilson
- Reply to Richard Plana - sent yesterday
- Reply to Simon Ditner - sent today
- Reply to Paul Lussier - sent yesterday
- Reply to "John Chua"
Inbox items: 0 as of 23:04
I'd love to hear about any questions, comments, suggestions or links that you might have. Your comments will not be posted on this website immediately, but will be e-mailed to me first. You can use this form to get in touch with me, or e-mail me at email@example.com .