Off to the Ottawa Linux Symposium, send me a text or Facebook message to get in touch
Headlines for Wednesday:
- Gender balance: Ottawa Linux Symposium (52 words)
- So this is what it feels like to not be a geek (82 words)
|A||X||@1000 Plenary: kernel report? - emperor|
|A||C||@2000-2100 Attend opening reception Colonel By Salon, Congress Centre. Briefly meet Simon Law|
|A||X||Get event pass|
|A||C||Afternoon - Rockhopper?|
I'm at the Ottawa Linux Symposium, a Linux event for hardcore low-level kernel geeks—of which there are roughly 500 for the opening plenary. This includes around ten women. I guess that's a good sign—I was almost afraid there'd be fewer!
Random Emacs symbol: gnus-summary-put-mark-as-ticked-next - Command: Mark the current article as tickednext.
The key thing I learned from the Ottawa Linux Symposium today is that I am not a low-level geek. I can probably be one if I cared, but I don't. I am slowly coming to terms with this idea, as the OLS is one of very few conferences that have actually made me feel ungeeky. So instead of sneaking into the sessions today, I went to the National Gallery instead.
Random Emacs symbol: gnus-article-wash-html-with-w3m - Function: Wash the current buffer with emacs-w3m.
- Reply to Mark Chignell - sent today
- Reply to Allan Tan - sent today
- Reply to Clair Ching - sent today
- Reply to Mark A. Hershberger - sent yesterday
- Reply to Paul Lussier - sent 7 days ago
- Reply to Syed Dilawar - sent 2 days ago
- Reply to Mike Tsang - sent 3 days ago
- Reply to cjb - sent 2 days ago
- Reply to Clair Ching - sent yesterday
- Reply to Mama - sent 5 days ago
- E-mail to Mathew Ingram
Inbox items: 11 as of 23:24
I'd love to hear about any questions, comments, suggestions or links that you might have. Your comments will not be posted on this website immediately, but will be e-mailed to me first. You can use this form to get in touch with me, or e-mail me at email@example.com .