Headlines for Sunday:
- After six revisions this week, my thesis is almost in a defensible form. Yay!
- Will defend my thesis on August 8. The end is in sight!
- Took information processing aptitude exam. Need more practice in word problems, I think.
- Declined a formal job offer after much deliberation. Intuition tells me to go into technical sales.
- Debriefed after declining job offer.
- Awesome cooking and eating. Have decided to "live rich", and good food is part of that.
- Read five books. More on this later.
- Sewed a pair of Thai pants for Alice as a going-away present. Used too much material. It was fun, though. Thinking of next project...
- Attended VizThink4. That was fun.
- Attended Alice's going away party. Will miss her!
- Caught up with Jed.
- Talked to research supervisor on the phone. On track.
- Installed shopping cart on my website. Still looking into PDF delivery systems.
- Ordered books from Amazon.
- Changed my Fido plan from $10 for 1000 text messages to $3 for 50.
- Mailed care package to sister's boyfriend's dad.
- Looked for virtual assistants in the Philippines following advice in book "4-Hour Work Week".
- Could not find a single shirt I liked in Eaton Centre during the sale. May invest in tailoring.
- Ordered another bucketload of books from library. Have hit limit and should return some books soon.
- Made Greasemonkey script for my use of Toronto Public Library.
- Skin clearing up, probably thanks to Clinique acne kit.
- Finish and print thesis draft
- Book room for defense
- Meet manager re declined offer
- Ping tech sales
- Read more books
- Start booksnake blog
- Do core exercises 3x week
- Revise CASCON paper
- Build cooking vocabulary
- Finish 6 more sessions of Cantonese study
- Outsource a task
- Plan birthday event - LifeCamp
- Fri: Attend drop-in circus class
Random Emacs symbol: muse-project-alist-set - Function: Turn customized version of `muse-project-alist' into something
- Reply to Mike C. Fletcher - sent today
Inbox items: 29 as of 23:10
I'd love to hear about any questions, comments, suggestions or links that you might have. Your comments will not be posted on this website immediately, but will be e-mailed to me first. You can use this form to get in touch with me, or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org .