Headlines for Wednesday:
|A||X||@0900-0930 AM: Work on book (WickedCoolEmacs)|
|A||X||@1400 Drop by department to sign thesis|
|A||X||@1900 Toronto Public Library budget meeting, Toronto Reference Library|
|A||X||Meet Andrew, pick up checks, get mail|
|A||X||Drop in on LinkedIn|
|A||X||Call TD branch at 416 944 4115 or drop by and check on security deposit|
|A||X||Catch up with e-mail|
|A||X||Learn how to use Gnuplot|
|A||X||Schedule doctor's appointment for yearly checkup|
|B||X||Put my plastic driver's license in my wallet|
|A||C||TD, get statement of accounts|
Fellow Emacs geek Paul Lussier pointed me to Take Back Your Brain!, a blog about influencing _your own brain_ through advertising. Here's what the about page says:
How to Take Back your Brain
- Learn the techniques professionals use to persuade us and borrow any that seem useful.
- Use our personal technology tools to make effective ads aimed at influencing ourselves.
- Use personal technology again to automate delivery of those messages.
Good stuff, especially if you're an advertising geek. Check it out!
E-Mail from Paul Lussier
Random Emacs symbol: gnus-cache-remove-articles - Variable: Classes of articles to remove from the cache.
I spent some time figuring out how to generate Gnuplot graphs from the financial records I've been keeping with Ledger. Here's what I came up with:
To generate this graph, I pieced together the following reports:
ledger -M -C -R -n -J reg ^assets ^liab > net-worth ledger -t -a -M -C -R -n -j reg ^Income > income ledger -M -C -R -n -j reg ^Expenses > expenses
... and plotted it with Gnuplot:
- set xdata time
- plot "expenses" using 1:2 title "Expenses" with lines, "income" using 1:2 title "Income" with lines, "net-worth" using 1:2 title "Net Worth" with lines, 0 with lines
... and fiddled around with the plot, and that was that!
Random Emacs symbol: gnus-gethash-safe - Macro: Get hash value of STRING in HASHTABLE.
- Reply to Gabriel Mansour - sent today
- Reply to Mad William Flint - sent today
- Reply to Karen Quinn Fung - sent 2 days ago
- Reply to Richard Plana - sent 2 days ago
- Reply to Don Marti - sent 2 days ago
- Reply to Gabriel Mansour - sent 2 days ago
- Reply to Ali Anwer - sent 2 days ago
- Reply to Mama - sent 2 days ago
- Reply to J.P. Welch - sent yesterday
- Reply to Mad William Flint - sent 2 days ago
- Reply to Paul Lussier - sent yesterday
- Reply to Mike Tsang - sent yesterday
- Reply to Federico Sevilla III - sent 2 days ago
- Reply to Andrew Louis - sent today
- Reply to Marcelle Fabie - sent yesterday
- Reply to Gary Brown - sent yesterday
- Reply to andrew philip moris - sent yesterday
Inbox items: 1 as of 15:20
I'd love to hear about any questions, comments, suggestions or links that you might have. Your comments will not be posted on this website immediately, but will be e-mailed to me first. You can use this form to get in touch with me, or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org .