(Tue Sep 17:56 2002, 2002.09.17) (September 17, 2002, 0) - Problem-solving focus for CS110.
What is traditionally covered? Stacks, queues, trees, O(n), recursion, dynamic programming, searching, sorting.
Cute Slashdot comment! (January 23, 2004, 0) - http://ask.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/01/21/2221240&mode=thread&tid=126&tid=127&tid=156&tid=186
Re:Assembly. (Score:4, Interesting)
by laird (2705) on Thursday January 22, @03:03AM (#8052679)
(Last Journal: Monday April 07, @07:39AM)
I used to teach kids programming (at the Computer Ed summer camps in Boston) and I had kids programming in all sorts of crazy languages. I think that it’s wonderful what kids can achieve when they’re excited about learning.
Book notes for programming contest history (November 22, 2003, 0) - - organize by year
- mike line number
- neil no indententation
- curriculum now used, but spread over several months
- kicked out of rooms
- teaching without computers
- games that kept us going
- contact ma’am sonia (ask Mario)
- chipi will make a yahoogroup
- decide on
- slightly like a textbook. what programs were significant.
- neil: maybe we have too
Thinking out loud: happiness (June 11, 2010, 0) - Is it true that most people don’t know what they’re good at? That’s interesting. Maybe I can help.
I may not be the world’s best expert, but I’m good enough to enjoy writing, programming, drawing, and speaking. I’m good at being happy. I’m getting the hang of drawing and gardening. I’m starting on carpentry. I’m good
One #emacs day – 0. 2005.01.05 and 1. 2005.01.06 (January 6, 2005, 0) - (Technically, one and a half, because this is the first entry)
Here are interesting tidbits from irc://irc.freenode.net/#emacs
- M-x column-number-mode makes Emacs show column numbers.
- emms-locate is a useful way to play selected media files.
- Powerful buffer switching: With either iswitchb or ido, C-x b C-s. ido seems to be better than iswitchb for multitty Emacs, and