Book: Critical inquiry: the process of argument (October 22, 2010, 0) - Photo source: I Can Has Cheezburger
Critical Inquiry: The Process of Argument Michael Boylan, 2009, Westview Press ISBN: 9780813344522
I wish I had read Critical Inquiry (or a book like it) before going to school. It would’ve made my required courses in philosophy, theology, and literature much more
Science 2.0: July 29, 2009 1pm-6pm MaRS (July 26, 2009, 0) - What Every Scientist Needs to Know About How the Web is Changing the Way They WorkThe MaRS Centre, 101 College St, Toronto (http://www.marsdd.com/)Wednesday July 29, 1:00-6:00pm, with wine and cheese to followRegistration: This event is free and open to the public, but you must register (http://science20.eventbrite.com/).
Talks:Choosing Infrastructure and Testing Tools for Scientific Software ProjectsTitus Brown
Notes in [[Writings.ComputerScienceEducation]] (September 23, 2003, 0) - Partial list of topics:
- What is a good first programming language?
- Computer science education in small colleges
- Mentoring women and ethnic minorities in computer science
- Supporting undergraduate research projects
- Detecting plagiarism
- Teaching writing skills to computer science undergraduates
- Constructivist learning in computer science
- International perspectives on computer science education
- Interdisciplinary curriculum for computer science majors
New RSS feed: Flash fiction (May 14, 2004, 0) - My 55-word short stories are now available as an RSS feed at
http://sacha.free.net.ph/notebook/wiki/flash.rdf . If you run across
anyone else blogging 55-word fiction, please drop me a note!
Blog – Planner – Education – Flash fiction