How can you get started with Quantified Self? Don’t worry, you don’t have to build your own system or use fancy tools. You can start with pen and paper, and use a simple spreadsheet to analyze your data.
Even if you don’t start with a clear question, sometimes tracking data helps you see patterns. When you collect data, then you can change something in your life and see if it has any effect.
Here are some ideas:
- Track the time you go to bed, the time you woke up, and whether you felt tired after waking up.
- Track how many glasses of water you drink a day.
- Track how many steps you take each day. A pedometer makes this easier.
- Track the groceries you buy in one month. How much do you spend on different categories?
- Track the clothes you wear. Do you have a handful of favourites? Are there clothes you never use?
Give it a try and see what you discover!