Last month, I wrote:
In July, I’d like to deliver a talk, sketchnote three more events,
learn more about EPUBs, and put together a small graphical ad for my
book. I’m also looking forward to learning more about accounting.
… and I did! I gave a well-received talk on Quantified Self at the Toronto Girl Geeks meetup. I took sketchnotes of four events. I experimented with converting my e-book into EPUB and MOBI, and I released it for sale in the Amazon Kindle store. I’ve also been learning more about Quickbooks, and I think I’m starting to get the hang of it.
Summer is definitely in full swing. Aside from a few non-biking days because of weather or flat tires, I’ve been pedaling to work and around town. The garden is growing well, too; neat clusters of cherry tomatoes, bulging cucumbers dangling from the vines, and a profusion of basil that’s just waiting to be turned into pesto.
After a ton of consideration, I bought an Android tablet and have started integrating it into my life. It opens up a few interesting possibilities that I’d like to explore. With the new cellphone and data plan I’d bought in early August, I’ve got plenty of incentives to learn more about mobile development.
I’ll be celebrating my 29th birthday this August. I’m looking forward to getting together with friends, writing and illustrating my yearly review, preparing for the conference in September, and winding down my consulting engagement.
- Building my skills and getting ready for the next steps
- “So what do you do?”
- Business notes: Working with a virtual accountant
- Helping startups
- Learning from the basics
- Thinking about pricing and consulting
- Experience report: Editing, formatting, and publishing an e-book
- Trusting myself with making time
- It’s okay if you don’t do everything
- Things I would like to see fixed
- 80% and tweaking
- Breaking down something that’s intimidating to learn
- Quantified Awesome: Grocery update!
- Quantified Awesome: Tracking clothes, groceries, and other everyday things
- Quantified Self Toronto: July 11, 2012
- Sketchnotes: Christine Steiger, Christine’s Fitness and Personal Training @ Small Business Network, Toronto Public Library
- Sketchnotes: Custom Post Types & Custom Fields (Wes Bos, #wpto)
- Sketchnotes: Marketing in the Round, Gini Dietrich
- Sketchnotes from MobileDevTO: Android development, social apps
- Tablet adventures: Using my TF700 as a second monitor with AirDisplay
- Waiting for technology
- Slowly figuring out how to use my tablet
- Weekly review: Week ending July 6, 2012
- Weekly review: Week ending July 13, 2012
- Weekly review: Week ending July 20, 2012
- Weekly review: Week ending July 27, 2012