It was an awesome week. I hit the ground running in my consulting engagement, coming up with a useful feature for the theme and learning more about analytics. I’ve also been working on learning more about sales. The sales script I drafted helped me a lot with a phone conversation, and I’ve been working on drawing and writing more pitches.
I’ve been working on exploring more of the vegetables and ingredients at the supermarket. This week, I prepared fennel and celery salad, and today I cooked quinoa for the first time. (Turns out to be yummy with dried fruits and nuts as some kind of breakfast.)
And I biked! Whee! Temperatures had been above zero for a number of days, and since there was no rain forecast, I biked to work on Thursday. The Martin Goodman trail I usually take to work turned out to be maintained and lit during winter (except for a small dark patch). Aside from a couple of snowbanks that I carefully walked my bike through, it was easy riding, and I made it in around the same time it normally takes in fall. The earliest I’d biked last year was February 21. If I can bike in January – and if I can slowly work my way up to biking in other weather conditions – that opens up lots of possibilities.
… and I’ve been going to krav maga and fitness classes with W-, so yay!
My calendar’s starting to fill up, but it’s a good sort of filling up. The year is off to a great start.
My favourite blog post from this week was #7 (Reading old letters and relearning how to write), because it felt good to explore that.
- Cooking: Warm lentil salad with sausages
- Emacs Org: Display projects with a few subtasks in the agenda view
- Planning by the numbers: Checking the length of my runway
- Visual book review: The Art of Pricing: How to Find the Hidden Profits to Grow Your Business–Rafi Mohammed
- Sketchnote: ENT101 Lived It Lecture–Kunal Gupta, Polar Mobile
- Business experience report: Amending my T2 corporate tax return
- Reading old letters and relearning how to write
Accomplished this week
- Achievement: Wrote a sales script and made the call!
- Achievement: Asked for an introduction and drafted one!
- Resumed consulting with E1 – analytics, theme
- Followed up on I2 learn page
- Drew pitch for FITC
- Contacted Whiteboard Studio regarding event
- Asked for an introduction to GROWtalks organizers
- Checked if authorship worked
- Followed up / drafted testimonial for Jennifer and Nathan
- Set up interview with Pat
- Did another weekly review with Criselda
- Talked to Patricia Kambitsch about partnering
- Met Raj Dhiman
- Attended “superpower league” get-together
- Followed up with quick notes from conversation with Matt Gray
- Drew thank-you cards
- Met Matt of Bitmaker Labs
- Went to appointment
- Brought Leia to vet for vaccinations
- Learned another vegetarian dish
- Prepared something vegetarian for superpower league
- Tried biking in winter!
- Reached out to last month’s Awesome Foundation Toronto winner for an update
- Reset my sleep schedule
Plans for next week
[ ]Earn: E1 – analytics, etc.
[ ]Earn: Follow up on invoice
[ ]Build: Read Work the System
[ ]Build: Follow up with GROWtalks
[ ]Build: Simplify sketchnote based on Tipera’s feedback
[ ]Build: Draw pitch for MEGA Networking sketchnotes, answer questions
[ ]Build: Sketch Rock the Monkey seminar
[ ]Connect: Have lunch with Sharon Sehdev
[ ]Build: Do another weekly review with Criselda
[ ]Connect: Go to EdTechTO get-together?
[ ]Build: Prepare for TEDxOCADU
[X]Learn how to cook with quinoa
[X]Help Rachel learn programming with Processing
[ ]Help W-’s parents with computer
[ ]Write more letters
[ ]Study for the Canadian citizenship test
- Business: 46.8 hours (E1: 24.4, Connect: 6.3, Drawing: 1.0, Illustration: 1.1, Coding: 1.7)
- Discretionary: 22.9 hours (Social: 8.7, Writing: 1.9)
- Personal: 23.9 hours (Routines: 11.6)
- Sleep: 61.4 hours – average of 8.8 hours per day
- Unpaid work: 12.3 hours (Commuting: 4.0, Cook: 2.5, Tidy: 4.5)
- 21 January 2013 at 7:01pm
- Weekly review: Week ending January 18, 2013 | sacha chua :: living an awesome life
[...] Weekly review: Week ending January 11, 2013 ...