It’s funny how easy it is to forget what you’ve done. Anyway, this week was the week of system administration! Lots of good stuff. On the learning front, I learned a lot about mapping.
Way more sleep this week – I wonder why…
- Weekly review: Week ending October 18, 2013
- What do I want to learn about learning?
- Growing slowly, adjusting the speed
- Visual book review: How to make a complete map of every thought you think (Lion Kimbro)
- Jetpack subscribers: Terribly sorry about the test posts! Disabling, please use Feedburner to subscribe instead
- Sketchnote Lesson: Metaphors
- Daily drawing update: So far, fantastic!
- Rails was redirecting to SSL after login. Fixed by removing SSL options from Nginx site config.
- Oh, my sitemap hadn’t been updated in 2003. Added a redirect rule to use the one created by SEO by Yoast.
- Making Emacs Work For Me – beautiful example of literate configuration
- How to free yourself from recipes with a few golden cooking ratios – More cooking! More, more!
- Latin LOLcat: Dives cui satis unus ager. – Rich is he for whom one field is enough.
- The three biggest challenges following extreme early retirement – Comments have lots of ways to address the “So, what do you do?” question
- Work versus Life. Greatness versus Family. – Actually, we’ve come pretty far. Make the most of it!
- Finding out which app is listening to a port on Windows – Turns out Skype likes using port 80. Boggle.
- Preston Blair: Fundamentals of Animation Drawing – Ooh.
- Gardening notes
- Note-taking techniques
- What I want to learn about gardening
- Note-taking system
- Week ending 2013-10-18
- Cooking notes
- Plenty of sleep
- When do I pause or stop when thinking about something?
- How can I think on paper more effectively?
- Fitting multiple thoughts on a page?
- What do I need to do in terms of system administration?
- How can I tap the value I create?
- How to Make a Complete Map of Every Thought You Think
- My new sketchingthinking workflow and mindmap comparisons
- Sketchnote Bullet Journal (Ryder Carroll)
- What can I do to get more value from online courses
- Different methods for (assisted) learning
- Evernote Fujitsu ScanSnap
- Thinking About Getting Better at Asking Questions
- How to Ask Questions the Right Way (Eric S. Raymond)
Focus areas and time review
- Business (58.3h – 34%)
- Earn (20.3h – 34% of Business)
[X]Earn: Consulting – E1 – Monday half-day
[X]Earn: Consulting – E1 – Thursday
[X]Earn: Consulting – E1 – Tuesday
[X]Earn: Consulting – E1 – Wednesday half-day
[ ]Earn: Consulting – E1 – Monday half-day
[ ]Earn: Consulting – E1 – Thursday
[ ]Earn: Consulting – E1 – Tuesday
[ ]Earn: Consulting – E1 – Wednesday half-day
- Build (27.3h – 46% of Business)
[X]Add Evernote to my backup plan
[X]Add a Makefile target (copy-to-combat) that copies my webserver backups to the home server
[X]Check on sitemap
[X]Disable pingbacks in dev?
[X]Doublecheck contact form on Experivis – broken?
[X]Fix sitemap submission
[X]Get nginx running
[X]Load all the databases
[X]Make sure Quantified Awesome works
[X]Make sure backups are properly encoded
[X]Quit Skype to free up port 80, use that instead
[X]Set up my hosts file and domain names
[X]Solve why Rails is redirecting to https
[X]Track down subscription duplication
[X]Try to get old backup drive working again
[ ]Set up WP caching
- Quantified Awesome (1.7h)
[X]Analyze yearly consumption
[ ]Sort clothes by name by default
- Drawing (6.5h)
[X]Map out Lion Kimbro’s book
[X]Practise using multiple colours
[ ]Break another ten sketchnotes down into components and file them
[ ]Draw something technical
[ ]Rescan black sketchbook
- Paperwork (0.8h)
[ ]File payroll return
[ ]Pick up paper T2 from Enterprise Toronto in City Hall
- Connect (10.6h – 18% of Business)
[X]Host Quantified Self Toronto meetup
[X]Process and upload another QS Toronto video
- Earn (20.3h – 34% of Business)
- Relationships (1.4h – 0%)
- Discretionary – Productive (6.2h – 3%)
- Writing (6.1h)
- Discretionary – Play (4.2h – 2%)
- Personal routines (18.9h – 11%)
- Unpaid work (18.0h – 10%)
- Sleep (67.4h – 40% – average of 9.6 per day)