I’ve spent the last two years of my life working on my master’s degree.
My thesis defense has been booked for August 8. I’m putting the finishing
touches on my thesis about using Web 2.0 to find expertise. Tomorrow, I’m
going to wrestle with page numbers and formatting. On Wednesday, I’ll
print out my thesis for my committee members.
Can I really be so close to finishing?
And am I really so close to being able to do all the things I’ve been
planning to do once I get out into the Real World?
Watch out! This will be fun!
On This Day...
- 2013: Thinking about business cards — I’m nearly out of business cards, which means it’s time to evaluate my business card experiment and plan my next [...]
- 2012: Learning from the basics — Last Saturday J- was running late, so W- offered to drive her to karate class. She asked if she could [...]
- 2011: Rhetoric and the Manila Zoo; reflections on conversations and a request for insight — UPDATE: So I decided to face fire with love. =) Check out Friends of Manila Zoo and share your stories! One [...]
- 2010: Giving myself permission to delegate again — SCHEDULED: 2010-07-23 Fri 08:00 I don’t like spending money. Sometimes it’s hard for me to give myself permission [...]
- 2009: How I got my job at IBM — Reposting this ancient internal blog post because I keep forgetting where it is and I find that it’s still useful [...]
- 2008: Drupal: Adding a footer to all of your system e-mail — Drupal’s hook system is making me almost as happy as Emacs’ hook system does. =) There’s a hook_mail_alter function that allows [...]
- 2005: Where should mailing list replies go? — John Billings writes: I’d also like to change it so that when you hit reply the messge goes to the list and [...]
- 2005: Waaah! No Internet in the dorm yet! — Well, that sucks. Apparently, the reminder I got in my e-mail is a generic reminder sent to everyone at Graduate House, [...]
- 2004: More stuff about just-in-time information retrieval — IBM Article - http://www.research.ibm.com/journal/sj/393/part2/rhodes.html (quick primer) Rhodes’ Thesis – www.bradleyrhodes.com/Papers/rhodes-phd-JITIR.pdf (has some nice theory and background) Emacs Plugin created from above – http://remem.org/ Autonomy’s [...]
- 2003: Kernel 2.6.0 notes — Don’t forget: - make a /sys folder, enter this in fstab: sysfs /sys [...]
- 2003: Mail fix — Okay, hmm. I’m having a hard time figuring out how to properly route my mail. I have two main mail accounts – [...]
- 2002: Borging out — wearables — Richi and my mom started bugging me about my journal. Here it is! The CE guys came through with [...]