From last week’s plans:
Work on Transition2 some more. Design phase… Share my experiences with delegating illustrationYay!
- Finish the two blouses I’m sewing I should’ve followed my hunch that the interfacing I bought was too heavy and the collar style I checked using a muslin was unflattering. Oh well! I’ve bought lightweight interfacing and I’ll shelve the other blouse until I find a collar style I can use to rescue it.
Send my paperwork after getting the new salary letterHooray! Hooray hooray hooray hooray! I sent in my paperwork for permanent residency, so now it’s just a matter of waiting to see if the Canadian government (which had been pretty nice when it came to taxes) will give me residency before my work permit expires.
- shared my Drupal staging and deployment tips, finally
- got an e-mail from Dries because of that post!
- got invited to give a presentation at the IBM Technical Leadership Exchange – *squee!*
- had great conversation with
- prepared my personal business commitments for the year, with some handy metrics
- prepared my individual development plan for the year, with great insights from my mentors
- made lots of maps: how I manage my money, what makes me happy, what makes me happy at work
- experimented with sending a newsletter to a small random sample of my LinkedIn contacts
- started updating our installation profile at work
- practiced more piano – got the hang of the left hand of Tolling Bells
- learned a little bit of Notes customization
- sketched some more in a reflection on happy-do
- fixed the template issues on my internal IBM blog, hooray
- biked a little less than 18 km (9 going, 9 back) so that I could buy some sewing supplies from downtown. Yay!
- attended Simon Boccanegra performed by the Canadian Opera Company – hooray!
- …and prepared muffins for breakfast for four days! =)
Next week, I plan to:
- get better at making design documents, thanks to my team members’ feedback
- prepare background research for upcoming talks
- develop a presenter’s guide for internal conferences
- spend some time going through some of the great learning resources we have at work
- mentor a colleague on Drupal application development
- sew a skirt
- sew a muslin for a blouse
- sketch five new stick figures
- … and continue to have and share tons of fun!