Notes in [[Writings.ComputerScienceEducation]] (September 23, 2003, 0) - Partial list of topics:
- What is a good first programming language?
- Computer science education in small colleges
- Mentoring women and ethnic minorities in computer science
- Supporting undergraduate research projects
- Detecting plagiarism
- Teaching writing skills to computer science undergraduates
- Constructivist learning in computer science
- International perspectives on computer science education
- Interdisciplinary curriculum for computer science majors
Reflections (June 20, 2003, 0) - You know, I’m more passionate about computer science education than I
am about wearable computing. Not that I don’t think wearable computing
is fun and interesting, but people are doing that.
I think my hedgehog concept is computer science education.
I can drop wearable computing for the moment. If it’s really important,
I can go into it later.
Part of being
Resolutions for 2004 (January 1, 2004, 0) - - Speak slower and lower.
- Check requirements within 3 days.
- Log all of my expenses in plain text in Emacs so that I get forced
to develop a ledger mode.
- Journal every day. 23:00 – 23:30 is my journaling time. Drop
everything and write (unless have earlier substantial journal
- Visit at least one new website related to
Get-togethers I would like to have (November 27, 2005, 0) -
Geekettes speak. Exclusively for women, all forms of geekiness
accepted. What can we do to encourage extraordinary learning and
success in girls? Also, brainstorming for Charo’s summer camp.
Let’s make that happen.
Education. People with a passion for teaching: let’s talk. What do
we need? How can we make a difference?
Open source development. Who’s working on what? What do we
Dr. Dayrit SOSE planning session (June 20, 2003, 0) - Look up ISI
Off-shore degree programs?
I want to focus on computer science education.
My objectives are:
- Develop interactive, up-to-date learning materials for
- Monitor, experiment with and disseminate pedagogical advances in
computer science and education
- Contribute to the body of knowledge of computer science education
I need to learn
- more effective communication skills, preferably with a mentor or