Enneagram type: 7
Adventurers are energetic, lively, and optimistic. They want to contribute to the world.
How to Get Along with Me
– Give me companionship, affection, and freedom.
– Engage with me in stimulating conversation and laughter.
– Appreciate my grand visions and listen to my stories.
– Don’t try to change my style. Accept me the way I am.
– Be responsible for youself. I dislike clingy or needy people.
– Don’t tell me what to do.
What I Like About Being a Seven
– being optimistic and not letting life’s troubles get me down
– being spontaneous and free-spirited
– being outspoken and outrageous. It’s part of the fun.
– being generous and trying to make the world a better place
– having the guts to take risks and to try exciting adventures
– having such varied interests and abilities
What’s Hard About Being a Seven
– not having enough time to do all the things I want
– not completing things I start
– not being able to profit from the benefits that come from specializing; not making a commitment to a career
– having a tendency to be ungrounded; getting lost in plans or fantasies
– feeling confined when I’m in a one-to-one relationship
Sevens as Children Often
– are action oriented and adventuresome
– drum up excitement
– prefer being with other children to being alone
– finesse their way around adults
– dream of the freedom they’ll have when they grow up
Sevens as Parents
– are often enthusiastic and generous
– want their children to be exposed to many adventures in life
– may be too busy with their own activities to be attentive
Renee Baron & Elizabeth Wagele