I actually like wearing geek swag: clothes and accessories with a
logo or geek reference. Geek swag identifies me to other geeks and
makes it easier for geeks of similar interests to start conversations
with me. I’m not the only one who thinks so.
I want geek swag, but I want geek swag that fits my lifestyle.
- I occasionally wear T-shirts. My Linux conference baby tee is
much-loved and often-worn.
- I really want some kind of geek bag, but I also want my
multi-compartment tote with all sorts of nifty pockets.
- I want a geek sweater or hoodie that I can wear more often than a T-shirt.
- I want geek earrings. (Anyone who makes pretty Tux earrings for a
reasonable price will have my business.)
- I want an index card holder with a pen loop. This is more for my
D*I*Y Planner geekiness.
- I want stickers. My current sticker reads “The geek shall inherit
the earth.” It’s bright red and white, and can’t help but draw
attention to my ubercute-and-small laptop.
- I want a D*I*Y 1″ or 1.5″ zippered binder, just because. Yes, I have
far too many binders already. That doesn’t stop me from wanting a
D*I*Y Planner one.
Okay. Let’s see. I can focus on making either a geek hoodie or a geek
bag, and then move on from there.
I know people who have silkscreened stuff.
Heck, I stenciled a shirt in grade school. And it turned out quite
I should be able to do it again, but this time, cooler.
I should learn how to silkscreen. That’ll probably be easier once I figure out how to get frames sorted out…Short URL: http://sachachua.com/blog/p/2981