Specificity. Start with the four to six broad concepts, principles, or themes for the semester, then write specific objectives for each. These will be useful for planning the course, evaluating student outcomes, and in developing tools for evaluation.
– Describe the great ideas behind computer science. (The _why_. See previously blogged topic.)
– Write graphical applications that solve real-world problems using basic programming structures.
– Test, trace and debug programs.
– Develop a plan for learning unknown material.
– Learn new features from documentation.
– Share lessons learned with others.
– Identify the requirements.
– Design an object-oriented system.
– Develop a plan for implementation.