I feel a little flushed today, and I’ve been sniffling all weekend. After I finish this blog post, I’m going to go to bed.
- Monday: DemoCamp 17 was terrific. I liked Tom Purves’ presentation on the state of wireless in Canada because the 5-minute Ignite talk was both visually appealing and energetically delivered. The Mozilla phenomenologist’s presentation was also well-designed. Good stuff. Networking was lots of fun, too, although I have to confess that I still haven’t followed up. Tomorrow, I promise.
- Tuesday: Mostly spent preparing for my talk on Networking 2.0: Blogging Your Way out of a Job and into a Career.
- Wednesday: Delivered the Networking 2.0 talk at the Concordia University Alumni Association event. Well-received. People loved the energy.
- Thursday: GBS Foundations dinner. Thoughts on this sometime.
- Friday: Continued working on social media guide. Volunteered to help with internal blogging strategy for my team.
Next week is going to be crazy. We’re flying to the Philippines on Saturday, so I have a bunch of things to take care of before then. To wit:
- Wrap up my projects
- Plan for the four conferences I’m going to in April – doublecheck accommodations, travel plans, speaker review, etc. (presenting at Best Practices Conference, Blue Horizon, and Technical Leadership Exchange.. augh!)
- Turn over metaverse event planning to someone
- Figure out how to turn on vacation mail
- Pick up currency
- Put mail on hold
- Get my laptop sorted out
- Inch along on my book