– Objective: Perspective of what we’re supposed to be deing here.
– Mission: Enable people and businesses threghout the world to realize their potential.
– Our objective: To enable the Phil to become a globally competitive economy.
– Open source, commercial open source, commercial software
– Joint session for pros and cons of each.
– What you should expect today: technicial description, best fit,
existing system, interoperability
All about choice
– Software choices should be based on merits and value of technology
– Software is highly evolving
– Government should promote healthy competition and innovation
– Good for industry, contributes to economy. USD 1 to Microsoft, 7-8 USD goes to solution developers
– Simple & low-cost, consumer-like product
– Customer support, responsiveness
– Commitment: education, innovation, local community
– Important part: Commitment to vibrant economy
– Use respective technologies