- Objective: Perspective of what we're supposed to be deing here.
- Mission: Enable people and businesses threghout the world to realize their potential.
- Our objective: To enable the Phil to become a globally competitive economy.
- Open source, commercial open source, commercial software
- Joint session for pros and cons of each.
- What you should expect today: technicial description, best fit,
existing system, interoperability
All about choice
- Software choices should be based on merits and value of technology - Software is highly evolving - Government should promote healthy competition and innovation
- Innovation - Good for industry, contributes to economy. USD 1 to Microsoft, 7-8 USD goes to solution developers - Simple & low-cost, consumer-like product - Customer support, responsiveness
- Commitment: education, innovation, local community
- Important part: Commitment to vibrant economy
- Use respective technologies