More posts about: sketchnotes Tags: brainrider, business, content-marketing, marketing, strategy // 1 Comment »
Nolin LeChasseur of Brainrider shared these 5 key elements of a B2B content marketing strategy:
- Prioritize measurable objectives
- Articulate the business you’re in using customer terms
- Profile target customer segments
- Identify content that’s working now
- Develop content aligned with what your customer wants to know
The 5 Key Elements of a Better B2B Content Marketing Strategy
CUSTOMER-focused content that demonstrates ExPERTISE
- supports programs
- easy to share
- measurable performance
BETTER CONTENT IS NOT ABOUT YOU
Google – popular searches: Not branding, but problem solving
What’s my problem? Define, build consensus
- 101, How-to
How do I fix it? Different approaches
Are you right for me? Credentials, decisions
- How to buy
- Business case
Align it with your programs!
Acquire -> Nurture -> Determine sales readiness
1. PRIORITIZE MEASURABLE OBJECTIVES
Awareness: Find you
Acquiring prospects: Identify and give permission
Nurturing prospects: Active, Engaged; Segmented interest, profile info
Determining sales readiness: Qualified leads, readiness to buy
2. ARTICULATE THE BUSINESS YOU’RE IN USING CUSTOMER TERMS
I’m in the good times business.
3. PROFILE TARGET CUSTOMER SEGMENTS
What do your best customers have in common?
Events/initiatives that create a need?
Ex: acquisition, repositioning
4. IDENTIFY CONTENT THAT’S WORKING NOW
What? How organized? Most engaging? What do people like about it?
Repurpose: anything > 5 min, split it up and repurpose
Make sure this is aligned with your business
5. DEVELOP CONTENT ALIGNED WITH WHAT YOUR CUSTOMER WANTS TO KNOW
Use their words
How to… Should we… How do I… Comparing… Do I need… Choosing…
Post-it notes: Group based on key questions, topics: 3-6 works well
Measure! Categories: engaging?
Reorganize: Format -> Customer needs
Examples: Empathica, STR, Livingston, Hubwoo