The big thing this week was our flight to Manila. I had been worried about colds and pressure changes, but A- slept through her first take-off like a seasoned traveler. Baby food was a no go. Instead, she enjoyed tidbits from our bibimbap. Not much sleep in her bassinet either, except for maybe ten minutes after the bassinet was set up and before turbulence required us to take her out. Oh well. It was a good place for her to sit and play with cups, though.
A- spent most of the flight with me, sometimes hanging out with W- while I napped. We figured out how to change diapers in the tiny airplane bathroom. The stopover in Seoul was a good opportunity to have more bibimbap and check out their breastfeeding facilities. A- wasn’t able to sleep as well as she normally does, though. She was so tired that she was inconsolable during the second flight’s take-off, only calming down once we could walk around.
My parents picked us up from the airport and took us to Kathy’s house, where we’ve been staying. G* and A* have been very excited to see A- and play with her. Since they’re just 3 and 2 years old, they need a little supervision and guidance.
You can practically see the activity in A-‘s brain. There’s plenty of floor space and interesting things to play with. She’s a confident creeper now, quickly covering short distances on her hands and knees. She’s even getting better at taking small toys along with her. She freely goes from lying down to sitting up, which makes diaper changes more of a challenge. She’s starting to pull herself up to kneeling or standing with the help of furniture or nearby people’s legs. She’s been experimenting with different hand motions, too: patting Luke with the wooden turtle, waving at people, examining various things. I think she intentionally says “Baba” for W- now. She gradually adjusted her wake-up times to be more reasonable – no more 3:30 AM breakfasts. She has let Lolo and Lola hold her, and she has smiled and blown raspberries all around.
It’s so nice to spend time with family. All of us are here!
- 2016-11-13a Week ending 2016-11-11 #journal #weekly
- 2016-11-12a Saturday #daily #journal
- 2016-11-13b Sunday #daily #journal
- 2016-11-14a Monday #daily #journal
- 2016-11-15a Tuesday #daily #journal
- 2016-11-16a Wednesday #daily #journal
- 2016-11-17a Thursday #daily #journal
- 2016-11-18a Friday #daily #journal
Focus areas and time review
- Business (0.0h – 0%)
- Earn (0.0h)
- Build (0.0h)
- Connect (0.0h)
- Relationships (12.8h – 7%)
- ☑ Confirm weight, height, meals
- ☑ Check in
- Discretionary – Productive (2.4h – 1%)
- Drawing (0.8h)
- Emacs (0.4h)
- Coding (0.0h)
- Sewing (0.5h)
- Writing (0.8h)
- Discretionary – Play (4.6h – 2%)
- Personal routines (12.8h – 7%)
- Unpaid work (96.6h – 57%)
- Childcare (45.2h – 26% of total)
- Sleep (38.7h – 23% – average of 5.5 per day) – thrown off by flight, no tracking