Weekly review: Week ending March 26, 2021

  • Emacs:
    • I added the ability to expand all, collapse all, and toggle visibility of headings in my exported HTML.
    • I learned how to use org-special-blocks’ defblock for Org special blocks.
    • I added a preview to my consult function for reading a sketch filename.
  • Other tech:
    • I removed the search form and sidebar from my blog. I added night mode.
    • It turns out my laptop has 8 GB of RAM. That might have something to do with the CPU load with OBS – maybe it’s swapping? I looked at the prices for 16GB RAM kits, but I might still want to upgrade my laptop in order to have more screen choices and CPU power.
    • I started looking into the GEDCOM export from Geni, and I noticed that it was incomplete. I may have to manually re-enter the ones that other people put in.
  • Gardening:
    • W- and I moved the garden cage to the deck. I planted peas, calendula, and radishes in the planter outside. I started a small pot of pumpkin seeds.
    • I made sliding doors based on the LEGO Technic idea book we borrowed from the library.
  • Drawing:
    • I tried sketching in both Concepts and Procreate. They’re both nice.
    • I practised sketching plants and insects following “Illustration School: Let’s Draw Plants and Small Creatures.”
    • I modified my sketch viewer to handle SVGs. I figured out how to sketch with a dark background and change the colours for posting.
  • I sewed two long dresses and a bonnet for A-. I also sewed a pair of pajama pants for myself.

Blog posts

Sketches

Time

Category The other week % Last week % Diff % h/wk Diff h/wk
A- 41.7 48.3 6.6 81.6 11.1
Discretionary – Play 0.0 1.2 1.2 2.0 2.0
Unpaid work 2.4 3.2 0.8 5.4 1.3
Discretionary – Family 0.0 0.2 0.2 0.3 0.3
Discretionary – Productive 11.6 10.9 -0.7 18.4 -1.2
Personal 5.6 4.2 -1.3 7.1 -2.2
Sleep 38.8 32.0 -6.7 54.1 -11.3