About78 Comments »
About this blog
I can’t remember everything. In fact, anything past the last week gets pretty fuzzy. That’s why I try to share as much as I can through this personal blog, Living an Awesome Life. You’ll find notes about sketchnoting, Emacs, visual book reviews, self-tracking, blogging, life, automation, delegation… whatever I’m learning about or whatever I can help other people learn. (Over ten years, that’s quite a lot – and now that I’m experimenting with semi-retirement, I’m learning even more.)
I post ~daily (or lately, whenever I want), but I sometimes get super-excited and post two or three times in one day. Since I write about a wide range of topics, you may want to browse or subscribe to specific categories – or maybe you want to see everything, because the intersections of interests can be fun.
If there’s anything you’d like to learn more about, please get in touch – I’d love to hear from you! Maybe we can learn more about things together. =)
- Experimenting with business
- A blogger who tries to write down everything possible because (a) it helps me think more clearly, (b) I’m probably going to need it again, and (c) it may help someone else along the way
- A doodler sketching on my Lenovo X220i tablet PC
- A personal finance geek who enjoys balancing books and tweaking systems, but doesn’t bother with trading (just index funds, thank you)
- 32 years old (turning 33 in August 2016) and loving life
- … and many other things
I have also been:
- A teacher of computer science – I loved teaching the introductory courses because I enjoyed convincing freshmen that computer science was actually fun
- A fire dancer (poi), because my sister taught me and then dragged me along on her professional gigs
- A fiction writer specializing in flash fiction (really short short stories)
- An open source maintainer of the Planner personal information manager and the Remember module, both for Emacs
- An open source contributor to projects like Emacs Relay Chat and the Compaq iPaq Linux bootloader
- … and many other things
How to pronounce my name: SAh-shah CHEW-ah (Listen to the MP3). If you mispronounce it, don’t worry. =)
“Sacha Chua” can be a little hard to spell, so you can also get to this blog at LivingAnAwesomeLife.com.
I use the WordPress web interface to write most of my blog posts, and I use Emacs and Org Mode for my weekly reviews. I use Autodesk Sketchbook Pro on a Lenovo X220i tablet PC for many of my drawings, and I scan in paper with a Fujitsu ScanSnap IX500.