- You Mean There’s Another Stanza?: Learned a variation on Row, Row, Row Your Boat
- That’s the Painkiller Talking: Prematurely declared myself back to normal before the ibuprofen wore off and I realized I needed more rest
This week was a little rough in terms of sleep. A- seems to be getting better at telling the difference between night and day, at least in terms of not cooing adorably for playtime at 3 AM. She’s still feeding every hour or so, but we’re getting better at side-lying. I’ve gotten better at burping her while half-conscious.
Tracking has been a little fuzzy. Now that I have a library of functions that wrap the web-based system we’ve been using to collect data, I can start building a friendlier interface for tracking those middle-of-the-night feeds. I’ve added a few more visualizations and moved it to my private server so that I can use my tools from my phone instead of just my laptop. I’m still puzzling over what kind of visualization would help me answer my questions, though. Also, I’ve started taking notes on how long it takes to calm her down when she’s crying (it seems like eternity, but usually she settles down within ten minutes) and what seems to work (feeding, burping, diaper-changing, etc.). It might be interesting to make another mini-tool that reminds me what to try.
I started looking into various activities for parents and babies. I’d like to eventually build a habit of going to those “baby and me”-type exercise classes so I can improve my health and make more parent friends. I’ve got a few possibilities to check out in my neighbourhood. There are also quite a few free social things, like the Baby Time session I went to at the public library.
Also, we made stuff! W- and I made a simple baby gym for A-. He did the woodworking and I did the sewing. Hours of fun and enjoyment – and eventually A- will figure out what it’s for and have fun with it too. =) I’ll write a blog post about it eventually, so I can link to the tutorials we used and add our observations.
W- took J- along to the gym twice this week, so I was responsible for getting dinner sorted out. Which I did! By myself! Yay!
It was a good week, although I felt a bit run-down at the end of it. Could be accumulated sleep disruption plus a plugged duct. I got plenty of rest this weekend, and that helped a lot. I think we’re mostly back to normal now. W- made roast beef and roast turkey this weekend, so we have plenty of leftovers to help us get through next week.
This week we have three medical appointments. Looking forward to learning more!
- 2016-03-28a Week ending 2016-03-25 – index card #journal #weekly
- 2016-03-26a Saturday – index card #journal
- 2016-03-27a Sunday – index card #journal
- 2016-03-28b Monday – index card #journal
- 2016-03-29a Tuesday – index card #journal
- 2016-03-30a Wednesday – index card #journal
- 2016-03-31a Thursday – index card #journal
- 2016-04-01a Friday – index card #journal
- 2016-03-28c Cluster-feeding kaizen – index card #parenting #kaizen #nursing
Focus areas and time review
- Business (0.5h – 0%)
- ☐ Earn: E1: 1-2 days of consulting
- Earn (0.0h – 0% of Business)
- Build (0.0h – 0% of Business)
- Drawing (0.0h)
- Paperwork (0.0h)
- Connect (0.5h – 100% of Business)
- Relationships (1.6h – 0%)
- ☑ Add relative times to visualization
- ☑ Wrap website with library functions
- ☑ Research bike trailer strollers
- ☑ Visualize sleep on timeline
- ☑ Decide what package of diapers to buy
- ☑ Create calendar of baby activities
- ☑ Research night-time cloth diapering options
- Discretionary – Productive (12.8h – 7%)
- Emacs (1.5h – 0% of all)
- ☑ Do another Emacs News review
- ☐ Do another Emacs News review
- Sewing (3.7h)
- ☑ Stuffed tetrahedron with taggies
- ☑ Stuffed sphere
- Writing (0.0h)
- ☑ Fix rotation
- Emacs (1.5h – 0% of all)
- Discretionary – Play (3.1h – 1%)
- Personal routines (24.1h – 14%)
- Unpaid work (79.3h – 47%)
- Childcare (71.0h – 42% of total)
- Sleep (46.6h – 27% – average of 6.7 per day)