Weekly review: Week ending February 5, 2021

  • Emacs:
    • I compiled gccemacs. I also played around with a hydra for editing subtitles.
    • I added a hydra for switching OBS scenes and I added a marginalia function for hiding password-ish variables.
    • I figured out how to make it easier to post to my journal from Emacs.
    • I fixed my code for doing weekly reviews.
  • I thought about my scanning workflow. I want to be able to file our sketches and eventually get a sense of our progress through time. Loading images in Emacs still seems a little too slow, so maybe I should get the hang of geeqie.
  • I sewed the armpits of the sofa slipcover.
  • The tomato plants’ leaves are a little bigger. I think the plant food has been helping a lot. We should do a proper experiment. We also tried using a dropper instead of spraying, since the plants are still too delicate to pour water on.
  • I experimented with streaming to Twitch.
  • W-, A-, and I painted the living room wall.

Blog posts

Sketches

Time

Category The other week % Last week % Diff % h/wk Diff h/wk
Discretionary – Productive 11.9 18.2 6.3 30.6 10.6
Unpaid work 2.4 5.4 2.9 9.1 5.0
Personal 5.3 6.5 1.2 10.9 2.1
Discretionary – Play 0.0 0.1 0.1 0.2 0.2
Discretionary – Social 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
Business 1.8 1.5 -0.3 2.6 -0.4
Discretionary – Family 1.0 0.0 -1.0 0.0 -1.7
Sleep 30.2 27.5 -2.6 46.3 -4.4
A- 47.4 40.8 -6.7 68.5 -11.2

I spent some time working on the slipcover for the sofa. I also joined a couple of virtual Emacs meetups, so I logged that under Emacs instead of childcare.