I bought a second-hand Manduca carrier. It’s been a comfortable and secure way to carry A- on our many walks this week. I don’t worry about A- slipping out of it, as I sometimes did with the ring sling. I’m back to holding hands with W- on walks, whee! (It’s all about the little things in life…) The carrier came in handy when Jen and Ewan pinged me for a walk in the park, and when I visited them to help out with E-.
We’ve settled into routines for enjoyable mealtimes with A-. She sits in her high chair and eats at the table, and I can usually wrangle all the things needed so that she and I eat at roughly the same time. The self-feeder that W- got for her has been great for avocado, peaches, and plums, and we’ve been loading purees and mashes onto spoons for her too.
I’ve been staying up to 2 AM or 3 AM, since that usually gives me a few decent chunks of focused discretionary time. I used a few of those chunks to code an add-on for my consulting client, and now I’m waiting for feedback from them. That worked out well, although the downside of coding late at night is that my brain gets a little squirrelly and takes some time to settle for sleep. Drawing and writing work out a bit better, and stretching would probably work out well too.
There’s been a hiccup with the Assistive Devices Program funding for A-‘s ocular prosthesis. The program will cover 75% of the expense, but they require the signature of a family doctor or opthalmologist to certify that the prosthesis is medically necessary. I asked A-‘s primary care provider to sign the form, but it turns out pediatricians are no-go. Weird! Anyway, I’ll work on getting this straightened out next week. We’ve got home visits from CNIB and the Healthy Babies Healthy Children program, too.
I was getting a bit stressed over travel insurance and pre-existing conditions, but I was probably just being too anxious and things will work out just fine. Ah well, them’s the breaks.
- 2016-08-15 Emacs News
- Weekly review: Week ending August 12, 2016
- Life as a 33-year-old
- Monthly review: July 2016
- 2016-08-17a Week ending 2016-08-12 – index card #journal #weekly
- 2016-08-13a Saturday – index card #journal
- 2016-08-14a Sunday – index card #journal
- 2016-08-15b Monday – index card #journal
- 2016-08-16a Tuesday – index card #journal
- 2016-08-17b Wednesday – index card #journal
- 2016-08-18a Thursday – index card #journal
- 2016-08-19a Friday – index card #journal
Focus areas and time review
- Business (4.7h – 2%)
- Earn (4.5h – 96% of Business)
- Build (0.1h – 2% of Business)
- Connect (0.0h – 0% of Business)
- Relationships (12.2h – 7%)
- ☑ Set up RESP
- ☑ Simulate A-‘s RESP choices
- ☐ Check on RESP to see if it’s been set up; transfer if so
- ☐ Figure out ADP form signing
- ☐ Pick up A-‘s Canadian passport
- Discretionary – Productive (5.5h – 3%)
- Drawing (3.9h)
- Emacs (0.6h)
- Coding (0.7h)
- ☑ Check free space on server, consider backup solution to there
- ☑ Set up lastpass authenticator
- Sewing (0.3h)
- Writing (0.0h)
- Discretionary – Play (0.7h – 0%)
- Personal routines (25.4h – 15%)
- Unpaid work (61.1h – 36%)
- Childcare (53.4h – 31% of total)
- Sleep (58.5h – 34% – average of 8.4 per day)